Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Church with Luise







It will be one of my fondest memories of my trip that Luise took me to church. The Berliner Dom is the largest Protestant church in Germany. It is a beautiful church built by Kaiser Wilhelm II between 1894 to 1905 in the Italian Renaissance style. Statues of church reformers including Martin Luther and John Calvin look down on the congregation during worship. The four authors of the gospels are depicted on paintings in the dome. Paintings of the passion of Christ circle the top of the dome. The noon prayer service was short with a greeting, organ interlude, message, prayer, and more organ. Tears filled my eyes as we stood to say the Lord's Prayer in this beautiful place with this beautiful girl who shared her faith with us.

1 comment:

  1. The Church is absolutely beautiful and so is Luise. I think this is my favorite post. I would have loved to be there.

    ReplyDelete